Wednesday, 19 June 2013

Hask Argan Oil ie The One From Penny's/ Primark

Hask Argan Oil

Another hair oil, you might have noticed we're huge fans; check out S's post on hair oils here! I also gushed about Moroccan Oil and the Kerastase Elixir in my Hair Care Routine post. So obviously when I saw the little bottles of Argan Oil in Penny's (Primark) I was intrigued but I just assumed they'd be awful and watered down.

Ya I had to get technical with this but when I looked at the ingredients of both I was shocked at the similarity so I felt I had to compare them side by side and basically they're the exact same. The first 3 ingredients are the same so I'd imagine the quantities are similar. FYI Cyclopentasiloxane and and Dimethicone are silicones.
Also the Hask oil has Tocopherol (Vitamin E) and Keratin Amino Acids, which the Moroccan Oil doesn't, now I'm not a tricologist but I'd imagine they're pretty good for your hair. I love vitamin E for my skin, using externally or taken in supplements so I like the idea of my hair getting some too.
Also because the Hask comes in an 18ml vial I wanted to work out exactly what the price difference was. At almost a third or the price I'm completely convinced, the Hask is the way to go.
Travel wise I don't think either are very portable, the Moroccan Oil has leaked any time I've wanted to bring it anywhere plus it's glass so there's always the fear of it breaking. The hask has a pop off lid so I'd be afraid of it coming off but it's easily popped into a little bag.

This has become more of a comparison of Moroccan Oil vs Hask Argan Oil than the review I'd intended but there's not much more to say about any argan oil that hasn't already been said. I like it and it does much the same job as my pricier alternatives plus it's easily available, I'm pretty sure every town in Ireland has a Penny's right?

Two thumbs up from me!

h


7 comments :

  1. My hairdresser uses MorrocanOil products, when I saw this in Primark I wondered if the ingredients might be the same and they are! Thanks for doing a comparison of the two products, I have stocked up on this now. My daughter has thick, long hair and uses the Hask oil before drying and a little more on dry hair before straightening, it leaves a beautiful shine and prevents the frizzies when out and about in our wonderful wet British summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an amazing product, I can't wait to try out some more of the Hask products!

      Delete
  2. i just bought it from primark and going to try it out tomorrow ! i was also a little sceptical because of the price but i'll trust you ! do you use it straight after washing ?? http://fashionfreaksrosycheeks.weebly.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a very rare special oil, due to the fact that there is only a small area where this tree grows.PuraDorOil.Com

      Delete
  3. I use it in towel-dried before I blow dry! If you had very dry ends you could use it when it's dry aswell!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My hairdresser used this on me the other day and it's awesome. She put a little on my wet hair after a cut, then half way through she put a little more on the dry ends. It looks and feels LUSH! I bleach my hair so it gets quite dry, and this product is great for not weighing down or making my hair feel greasy, but smoothing and making it nice and silky! I'm totally buying some this weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an amazing product and such a bargain!

      Delete

Tell us what you think, we'd love to hear from you!
H & S